Meet our Community Growth Manager Charlotte 👋

What do you do at hiyacar?

I spend my days helping to grow our community of drivers and owner partners. I regularly speak to our community to find out what matters to them so that we can refine our platform and make it the best it can be for our community. I also manage our social platforms, write content for our blog and plan community events.

What are your credentials/past experience, for working in your position?

I’ve always been passionate about community growth, I had my own automotive startup when I was 23 years old which was created off the back of building a strong, engaged community through social media and blogging. I raised money through crowdfunding and was accepted onto an established 12-week high growth training and mentoring programme for digital entrepreneurs looking to grow their business. It was an amazing experience and since then I’ve worked at a number of startups and also an innovation agency doing marketing and community growth.

What do you like about working at hiyacar?

I like working at hiyacar because it’s incredibly fast-paced, challenging and exciting. I’ve been here for over 2 years now and I remember the days when we were a tiny team doing everything manually. We’ve grown so much over the past couple of years and it’s amazing seeing the product change and the community grow and people enjoying using the service.

Who or what inspires you?

I’m inspired by entrepreneurs. During my career, I’ve been lucky enough to meet some amazing people who are developing ground-breaking solutions to everyday problems. I always feel inspired when I meet talented people who are turning creative ideas into businesses.

Your top 3 favourite books, podcasts and/or movies?

1. The Secret - A book about the power of positivity and the law of attraction
  2. The Chimp Paradox - A book about mind management
  3. Loose Lips (Podcast) - My guilty pleasure, it makes me laugh on my way into work!

Where’s your favourite place in the world?

Home - may be a cliche but my favourite place in the world will always be home where my friends and family are! Although I do love travelling and one of my other favourite places is South Africa being on safari and seeing all the animal :sunny::lion:

What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?

What do you do that makes you ‘human’, makes you feel alive and excited? If you’re constantly focused on your work, then it’s likely you ‘dry up’ as a person. Having other interests is critical, whether getting out and exploring, learning a different topic, binge-researching, cooking, or catching up on Netflix marathons. Like me.

What’s one thing that not many people know about you?

I did karate when I was younger and managed to get to a Brown Belt 1 stripe level but didn’t end up continuing and getting my black belt, I was studying for my exams (GCSEs) and didn’t have time to train. My karate teacher did say I had a kick that could kill though! :no_good_woman:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Note to self: Don’t cross Charlotte

1 Like

“pop leaflets through your neighbours’ doors (we can supply these for you!)”

… is this offer still open? I could use printed leaflets or print from a file
John

Hey John, yes of course! I’ll get some mocked up for you tomorrow and send them over to you to look at. I’m in the process of doing some for a few other owners who attended the event, they should be ready to go to print tomorrow :slight_smile: