Meet Ariane, iOS Developer

What do you do at hiyacar?
I spend my days transforming amazing designs into functionality in the iOS App, apart from seeking to deliver the best Apple experience to our members during a booking.

What are your credentials/past experience, for working in your position?

Well, I work with programming for a while now, since 2010. I started with hybrid mobile (Adobe AIR), then migrate to native iOS applications in about 3 years ago. I am graduated in Graphics Design, but I came a long way to programming, passing through a few different languages and currently Swift is my main programming language.

What do you like about working at hiyacar?

Here we all have space to grow and experiment with new technologies, and we can engage with the community and see how we can make the difference. And it is great to know you are working with people that, apart from being amazing, are working hard for the same goal, and they all have your back.

What’s your background?

I am from São Paulo, Brazil, and UK is the third country I have lived in. At the moment I am living in the country side of England with my husband and we are loving it! I used to program for my own blog since I was 14, and since an early age, it was clear that my heart was with programming.

Who or what inspires you?

I love the fact that something that I build is being used for so many different people. And the feeling that I overcome myself doing something, it is amazing! At the moment to know that what I do is influencing on a great experience of hiring a car and have your car hired, it’s beyond words!

Your top 3 favourite books, podcasts and/or movies?

My favourite book is quite a childish book but teaches a lot about life: Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s The Little Prince. Head First Series for Design Patterns by Eric Freeman And Elisabeth Robson Refactoring by Martin Fowler with Kent Beck

Where’s your favourite place in the world?

At this exact moment, my home.

What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?

I cycle in the countryside where I live. I am learning how to read Music Sheet on/and Keyboard and I’m enjoying a lot! I’m learning how to sow clothes too. Quite a few different things at the moment :slight_smile:

What’s one thing that not many people know about you?

Good question … I absolutely love climbing. But I get petrified to go down the wall. Once I tried to learn Abseiling, so I booked this 2 days course, and on the last day, we would have to go down a quarry of about 70 meters. The instructor had to go down with me, because I was so petrified I couldn’t move. :rofl: I didn’t know by them I have Acrophobia